Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bowie Fanatics - The Spiders from Mars are Coming!

Huh?!
Bowie-fanatics of the world, listen up! January is the Bowie month (he was born this month and will be 66 years old this year -  hope he applied for Social Security!). I love Bowie as much as the next person (or even more), and that is why I wanted to share this interesting bit of information for those of you who are unaware. Angelinos, Part Time Punks does a fabulous tribute to David Bowie that I have never seen or experienced before. About twice a year PTP (Part Time Punks) puts on a tribute night to Mr. Bowie either at The Echo or The Echoplex in Silver Lake, CA. I have been to every single of them since I found out in about its existence in either late 2011 or early 2012. Let me tell you, they do the thin white duke justice!

When?!
For all you Angelinos or tourists in LA at the time, Part Time Punks will have the next David Bowie Tribute Night (thank goodness there is still some joy in the world) on Sunday January 20, 2013 (yeah, yeah, its a Sunday but the following Monday is President's Day and I don't work!). And who else will be DJ'ing that night but the fabulous Jose Maldonado from the very famous Sweet and Tender Hooligans (Smiths/Morrissey tribute band).

What Else?
In addition (something you wont find anywhere else), PTP creates a custom lifesize wooden cutout of David Bowie just in case you want to show him some luvin'. I will definitely be there January 20th dancing my a** off, along with other members of the Bowieism Facebook group. So see you there! I'll be posting photos I might have from that night, amongst the madness.





3 comments:

  1. I will be there! I hope everyone comes whether you love Bowie or not. This night will be epic beyond proportions!

    ReplyDelete